City Shoe Repair Telephone: (920) 918-7823
Below is a list of shoe and boot care tips.
- Maintain leather luster by polishing your shoes and boots often.
- Loosen shoe laces and buckles before removing your shoes.
- Shoehorns help prevent the leather between the lining and upper shoe from breaking down.
- Make sure your shoe heels are in good shape so your weight is balanced to prevent problems with hips and legs.
- Cedar shoe trees helps your shoes retain their original shape and absorb moisture, acid, salt, and odor.
- Give your shoes a break. Let them sit for at least 12 hours after you wear them.
- Rub new suede with a towel vigorously to stop the dye from rubbing off on clothes.
- Care for Nubuck leather (rubbed leather that feels like suede) by with spraying water and stain repellent, reapply as needed.
- Throwing gym shoes in the wash machine will cause shoe components to breakdown, use gym shoe soap instead.
- Air dry gym shoes. Do not put them in the dryer.
- Use white liquid polish to re-whitened sneakers.
- Conditioning leather helps prevents cracking.
Contact us if you have any questions on caring for your shoes or boots. We would be more than happy to assist you.